1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump’s pick for Treasury second-in-command withdraws from consideration

This is going to be a big problem. Unless things have changed drastically probably 80% of the top administrative jobs in the Trump White House have not been filled. If you were the sort of high achiever who would be considered for that sort of position, why would you take it? The whole thing is a huge shit show and there is no sign that it will get better anytime soon.

The sort of smart and motivated people who would normally be making the changes that Trump and his cabinet secretaries have ordered happen simply have never been hired.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Have the "Pence is so stable and a rock solid conservative" stories started in right-leaning media yet?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not going to be impeached. He's going to resign, maybe as soon as this month. He'll blame the media and politics as usual in Washington, then make a career for a few years grousing about how he could have fixed this but the establishment drove him out.

jr/shotglass and JC like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

QYFW likes this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't know about this month, but given his attention span and physical condition, I'll give him until at least the first or second mid-summer DC heat wave.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

When was the last time Trump got laid? I'm genuinely interested to know bc he seems like the kind of guy who measures himself by such stuff, and I'm guessing his wife hasn't fucked him since at least October and the access Hollywood tapes. Is he scoring tail on the side? Seems unlikely since he can't fart in the Oval Office without it leaking. So how overworked is his right hand? And would we see less tweeting and more normalcy if he could get back to going at women like a bitch? He exhibits all the symptoms of a guy who needs to get laid. Believe me I know the symptoms

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you've committed treason, sure.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This was produced before Trump's inauguration, but it's still relevant.

And, golly, "The Running Man" was set in 2017.*

* ACCORDING TO THIS VIDEO CLIP. WIKI FILE SAYS "SET IN A DYSTOPIAN UNITED STATES BETWEEN 2017 AND 2019."

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Let's say, one way or the other, he is out by year's end. Either resignation or impeachment, the Dems catch the car they've been chasing for the past year, and the liberals of the country stop shuddering from their collective orgasm?
    What then?
    Do we start this all over with Pence? And then the next guy? And the next?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, we don't. Pence is not a know-nothing walking, talking gym sock.

I have been very consistent about this. I could give a shit about Trump's "conservatism." I do give lots of fucks about the fact that he's well-known as the most famous blowhard idiot in American public life over the last 40-plus years.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pence would be normal (unless of course, he's implicated in the Trump investigation). Politics would be normal. If his policies were popular, he and his party would win elections, if not, not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.