1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think Pence is in it up to his eyeballs. No way he didn't know about Flynn, no matter how they lie.

Until the investigation completes and goes public, or at least until the subpoenas and indictments do, we're all just reading the tea leaves and guessing.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That said, I thought Pence's policies as a governor were despicable, and I'd still far rather have him in than Trump.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Popcorn ... get your red hot popcorn here!"

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well there's a fuckin' surprise.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No, he's not. Based on stuff I've seen here and there he's a weird, creepy religious zealot who wants to sacrifice women on the White House lawn.
    It's always something, but maybe that's just where we are as a country. Obama went through it. So did Bush and Clinton.

The thing that saddens me most about the entirety of the Trump experience is that it has seemed so preordained. From the moment he became the frontrunner for the nomination it's been a constant drumbeat of nonsense. Not that he doesn't deserve all of it, or that it isn't part of the job. It is. It's just always felt like a lot of this boils down to people with influence simply don't like him or the political movement he represents, and for that he must go no matter what. Once he's gone we can just all move on with business as usual. They're able to justify it with ... whatever the scandal du jour is; I honestly can't even tell anymore who is being accused of what, but I'm sure another will be along soon like a bus ... but what it really is, is the crushing of opposition and a fundamental concept that the country has been based on that anyone can be president.
    No, not anyone. If you're not in the club, haven't prepared for it since you were 10 years old, you need not apply.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At most, if Pence is implicated the job falls to Paul Ryan, who is a shitty little quisling but shows no sign of being implicated in this mess.

But even if it is Pence the GOP is in trouble for the 2020 presidential election. The Trump die-hards voted for Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack, not John Lithgow in Footloose.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

How do we know anything about Pence without a link?

QYFW likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. Washington wants its country back.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's a first-class moron and he's a danger to civilization. I'm not in the mood to countenance your defenses and equivalancies right now.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So I've been told.
    Every damn day for the past 18 months.
    Honestly, I think there's more than a small faction who will consider it a failure on their end if Trump doesn't either start World War III or leave the presidency in disgrace just so they can say, "I told you so."

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just in case they hadn't already figured it out already, this was extra proof for even his "allies" that every fuckin thing Fucko says is a lie.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I thought we'd already determined that the Presidency would fall to Orrin Hatch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.