1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

TL;DR: Nobody's as holy as me.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The person who's not called a suspect of a crime, nor the target of an investigation?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I agree. I just think/hope that this investigation cuts deeper than that. Between the foreign intelligence agencies and our IC, there is no telling how many people they have on tape, either participating or proving that they had knowledge of what was going on and refused to speak.

What if there is enough evidence to file a RICO case against the RNC? The lobbyist shop in Baltimore which was raided had connections to Manafort, Bannon, and Stone. If Russian money moved through there and into the GOP election coffers and there are recordings showing that high level Republicans knew it we could be looking at President Oren Hatch.

Is that wild eyed conspiracy theory? Two weeks ago it was, but today, not so much.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Oh, I agree. We have no choice. Mueller will move slowly, and he will say as little as possible. I'm just spitballing.

Am I eager to see Trump out? Sure, but I understand that the pace we've seen over the last week is completely unsustainable.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The rule of Trump so far is whatever scandal he's in, he can't wait to shoot his mouth off and make it worse. So Mueller's hand may be forced. Trump keeps bragging he's guilty.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Europe is no joke. Killer riff from John Norum here.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No. It's just abso-fucking-lutely insane.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

LOL. There it is, the President Orrin Hatch theory.

My favorite part of this theory is, of course, that it could lead to President Hillary Clinton:

doctorquant likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Shrug. Like DQ said, let's just let the facts come to us. There's a lot of stuff that has happened this week that was getting an LOL two weeks ago.

YF, there's no reason that a beef about the Cuccinelli campaign prevents something else from being involved. Do you seriously expect me to trust that what someone with ties to Manafort and Stone says is truthful? How does that go? "LOL"?

12. YankeeFan

What are his ties to Manafort and Stone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.