1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's totally the same thing!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. There's no evidence Trump is racist.

B. No one considered him racist prior to his entering the race for President. He was the super successful businessman, who starred in a TV show that highlighted his business success.

C. He was not only purged from the Democratic Party, he was a sought after donor, and friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

D. He would have run a different campaign if he'd run for the Democratic nomination.

Vombatus and SpeedTchr like this.
  3. YankeeFan

So, you would have pulled the lever for Cruz over him? In a general election?

We're not talking about a primary. It's November 8th, and your choice is Trump or Cruz. You vote Cruz?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Apparently you didn't read the report and understand how well his firm was compensated to produce what little it produced in terms of credible, actionable evidence (no less a full or even better understanding of the issue the sport faced). Mitchell, a good friend of Selig's who had been currying favor with owners for years, possibly angling for the commissionership himself, understood full well he was never going to be able to compel players to testify or cooperate, but he did see easy money there for the taking.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"I'll take his money, and I'll glad-hand and picture-pose with him at parties and fund-raisers, and I'll go to his weddings ... but that guy's totally a shitbag and a fundamentally evil human being."

It's silly to think of Trump being the Democratic nominee, of course. I just tire of hearing how he has long represented all that's evil with the GOP when he was a happy (check-writing) warrior for the Democrats until the day before yesterday.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

OK, fine. I can't imagine a candidate over whom I would vote for Trump.

Maybe Sarah Palin. Maybe.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It effectively answers the question.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

There is only one of the GOP candidates who was a less serious candidate than Sanders, and he is now the president.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'd vote her over Trump in a heartbeat. I think her incompetence is part act.

10. MisterCreosote

Democratic politicians ≠ Democratic voters.

Was he going to bribe 15 million people?

11. YankeeFan

Mitchell's law firm had ties to MLB. Meuller's firm had ties to the NFL.

Mueller's firm represents Ivanka and Jared.

He's also very tight with Comey. He has a good reputation, but he's not without conflicts here.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

His compensation has nothing to do with whether what was in the report was accurate.

Ignoratio elenchi.

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.