1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another words, he would have changed the message to please whatever audience he was playing to?

Welcome to politics, Donald Trump!

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If he ever criticizes someone for something he isn't known to have done, I assume he is secretly guilty of it. Projection is all he knows.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

UPChip and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

franticscribe, HanSenSE and Stoney like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't remember if I voted in the primary. We're pretty late in the cycle.

Rubio is who I liked the best/thought had the best chance to win, even thought he looked shaky a couple of times.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dude just can't think on his feet. He's that point guard who tries to drive the lane every time instead of dishing off.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Can you point to something, anything, to back up this assertion? Did he break new ground? Did he uncover any new evidence? Did he come away with even sort of complete picture of the era?

He did get questionable testimony from a couple of distributors who had already been arrested and were handed to him by prosecutors. He did hurt some peoples' reputations by implicating them using hearsay that wouldn't stand a chance of holding up in a court or even a professional sports disciplinary procedure. Maybe that was the objective?

Here's what Gene Wojciechowski had to say about it...

The Mitchell investigation was doomed from the beginning. The report itself is 409 pages of cotton candy -- wisps of truth teased into a Don King hairdo full of air, hearsay and perhaps wishful thinking. Blow softly on it and it bends and rips apart.

I don't fault Mitchell for its failure. He was asked to dig into the steroids era without being given a shovel. Had he not piggybacked onto several ongoing government investigations, the Mitchell report might have been the length of a Del Taco menu.

The biggest reason Mitchell recommended no disciplinary action based on his report was that there wasn't anything in the report upon which a case could have been built against anyone.

Mitchell, a member of the Red Sox board of directors, shouldn't have accepted the job to begin with then put his name to shoddy work. He embarrassed himself.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

So are people supposed to vote for the president they think will best get along with Congress?

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

If Bernie would have won in this bizarro world election I assume he would have carried the Democratics to control of Congress as well.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Hillary wouldn't have been competent? She lived in the White House for eight years and also served as Secretary of State. She knew where the toilet paper was kept.

Ace likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Chelsea 2020!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.