1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A sinkhole for the asshole.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not that detail. Or if i did, not in 2017. Guilty as charged.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was waiting for you to answer the question you had been asked first. But here's the thing. I didn't ask you. I already know your answer. You would never vote for a Clinton and you will always vote for the Republican.

I also think you are lying about the primaries. You don't even remember if you voted or not? I don't buy it. Even if it was true, that makes you look even worse.

Now I'm not going to answer your question because this isn't elementary school. I'm not doing what you want just because you called me a name. We all know you are the coward who runs away when trapped. We've got years of your history on this board to prove that.

I will say what I always said. I would have voted for a viable Republican over Clinton. Sadly, the Republicans did not give me that choice. I hadn't considered what other Republican I would vote for over Trump. I didn't like any of the options. You can talk about Trump's past as a Democrat all you like, but he wasn't getting that nomination. Your "fun" game is just another diversion.

Cue YF calling me a coward again and every reasonable poster who reads it laughing at his dishonesty and hypocrisy.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The answer is always, "I would have voted for John Kasich."

No, you wouldn't have.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

,m
    You just backed up my assertion. Your criticism of him seems to be that he didn't extract confessions from players or catch them in the act of injecting themselves.

Of course, he had near zero cooperation from the players. Which is fine. I wouldn't have expected them to cooperate, given that there had been widespread use of PEDs for years as all evidence suggests, and the small number of players who might have even considered being honest and helping his investigation, were concerned about confidentiality. But given that, your criticism of him is that he isn't Kreskin.

OF COURSE he piggiebacked on the work of other investigations that had uncovered evidence. Given that your tact seems to be criticize-everything-EXCEPT-the-veracity-of-what-is-actually-in-the-report, I imagine if he hadn't included info from those investigations, your criticism would be that he ignored their work.

The guy was charged with a difficult task -- an independent investigation into PEDs in baseball, on the back of all the grief MLB was taking from Congress, and after Game of Shadows was published. He had no cooperation from the players and he was never charged with being an investigator in the vein of law enforcement. There was no way he was going to come up with a comprehensive list of who used, what they used and when. It's a ridiculous criticism of the report.

If you want to say he had a conflict of interest, OK. It still doesn't address the report itself; it MAYBE could call into question why he included some things and not others. He was a bad choice for that reason. It also doesn't mean he "embarrassed himself." He did a credible job, given the task he was given.

I can't say whether he came away with a complete picture of the era. I strongly suspect that he didn't, as would most people with any amount of common sense. It would also be a ridiculous expectation for anyone to have expected him to somehow produce a complete picture. He worked with what he had -- the prior tests and how many players failed, for example. He presented it for what it was. Given that players who used lied about it, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, of course the scope of WHO he named was always going to be limited.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I would have voted for Rubio or Jeb!

Or Christie before he castrated himself.

I would've voted for Jim Webb if he hadn't dropped out before my state's primary.

As it stands, I'm pretty sure the last Republican to get my vote was Bob McDonnell. :oops:

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You ought to use that word -- "coward" -- less. Way less. Like "never."

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

An embarrassment.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So what's oop up to nowadays?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Breitbart/Russia/Newt/Hannity all promoting the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. And now this ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.