1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There have been threads about reporters losing their March Madness credentials for doing this.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What he said is that Mitchell embarrassed himself with the report. That is what I actually addressed. And he keeps quoting some flowery passage from a Gene Wojciechowski column, as if that ends the conversation.

I just found the column. Wojciechowski wasn't suggesting that Mitchell embarrassed himself. He was suggesting that he had an impossible task -- namely because of the players association and the players (which was something I pointed out to all of the blame the messenger stuff @cranberry posted). This is what follows immediately in the column (The point of this is that Mitchell embarrassed himself?):

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Got a feeling this plays out like the pizza parlor story. A nothingburger Trumpistas are using to divert attention from the Russian probe. And pay no attention to the grieving family, there are political points to be made, dammit!

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It was an embarrassment that he accepted the job knowing that a) he had significant conflicts of interest and b) that he understood he could accomplish little given that he couldn't compel anyone to testify. He knowingly lent his good name to a charade to help out his buddies and to take some easy money for his firm.

He further decided it was OK to implicate people based on information that wouldn't withstand even the least bit of legal scrutiny.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Mensch seems reasonable. Neutral also gets a shout-out.

Democrats are falling for fake news about Russia

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to indulge every @Neutral Corner/Louise Mensch theory -- despite claims that make no sense if you studied grade school civics -- yet, I'm also supposed to be offended when Sean Hannity looks into this kid's murder, when Kim Dotcom is making claims.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL.

Classic Trump! "People are talking!"

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of "I would have voted for John McCain" claims several election cycles before that. There's always SOMEONE who just ain't gonna get the nomination that the Dems pretend to fall in love with and consider "the adult in the room," knowing full well they'll never have to face the prospect of actually voting for this person.

RickStain and QYFW like this.
  10. YankeeFan

How is that differnt than the DOSSIER!!!!

I'm not giving the Kim Dotcom claims any credence, but it deserves as much credence as the dossier.

11. YankeeFan

Yeah. People loved John McCain right up until he was the Republican nominee.

QYFW likes this.
  12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I liked him until he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. It made me seriously question his ability to make important decisions.

HanSenSE and BadgerBeer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.