1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So you still get credit for a "like" if you have the liker on blast? Doesn't seem fair.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Important to remember a day pass to the White House press room is akin to being named a Kentucky Colonel. Kids get them. It's a way of getting a sorta high-octane White House tour on most occasiosn.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You know, if all you assholes would've just listened to me 5 years ago, none of this shit would be happening now.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Giving one to InfoWars is nothing but dog whistling to the mouth-breathers who think it's a legit news source.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah?

6. doctorquant

But enough about how my immediate family's Thanksgivings go ...

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

ROTFL as this is coming from you.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You once worked for the Devil Rays, right? How did they decide who to give credentials to for the press box? This shit is only complicated if you want it to be.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Kind of an asshole thing to say. Not all of us are "former" journalists. But I see what you're doing there. And it sucks.

And this isn't a First Amendment (or, according to you, "Ammendmant") issue. InfoWars just spreads lies. It's not a news source.

But you know that. Or I would hope you do.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dave Weigel of the Post has it. Noting that Trump promised not to cut Medicare and SS and does both, he tweeted "It's what you do when you're sure your base won't hear and will blame the Democrats anyway when it bites them." In short, the Republicans believe their voters are morons who can be manipulated with clownish lies even when they themselves suffer.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. doctorquant

I hate to stumble once more beyond "my raising," but it occurs to me ... and I'm just spit-balling ... that there's some substantive difference between the two credentialing entities here that you're not taking into account.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And they're right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.