1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There are gadflies in every press box and briefing room -- guys with newsletters that never seem to get published.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True enough, although in my day most press box surplus folks were older, way older guys for tiny outlets and it was clear this was what they had left in life . I've never been in a working press box without a gig and I never will be. Too creepy even back when I had friends I'd have been glad to see, who themselves have mostly aged out now.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If you've ever fixated on whether some else "belongs" in the same press box with you ... let me show you my paycheck.

YankeeFan and HC like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Imagine if that happened in reverse.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I can't speak for anyone else but I would have voted for McCain and Lieberman. I voted for Daddy Bush twice, W once, Tommy Thompson numerous times. But the moment Palin was hoisted upon me it all changed. I really don't think I have changed that much but the party seems batshit crazy to me. I probably am more informed since Palin (this made me rethink my previous positions) and I didn't/don't like what I have found. But this is just me.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tough call, but I probably would have gone for McCain. This assumes he doesn't make the massive error of choosing Palin, which changed my opinion of McCain. I'm sure you will find some excuse to attack that as well. Anything to distract from the fact that Trump has been a mess and you still stand by voting for him.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Over Obama?

Bullshit.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I even stuck with McCain after the debacled Palin rollout. Where he lost me was with the stunt of "suspending" his campaign when the economy started collapsing that fall.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If only Democrats had the guts to nominate Kasich last summer.

SpeedTchr and RickStain like this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Some SEC schools didn't start credentialing online-only sites until a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.