1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ragu, I love you, but if we were close to forced cuts, interest rates would not be what they are. People are happy, no, eager to lend the US government money. Don't say it's all the Fed. If the market disagreed violently with the Fed's assessment, rates would go up because bonds would not get bought.
    Also, the idea that helping the hungry eat, the sick of lesser means, elderly and children receive medical care and the elderly have some modest guaranteed income is "a lifetime of dependence" is so morally twisted I don't know where to start. I'd rather live in a society where help is there when needed than one where the misfortune of others is an excuse for some to assume unearned moral superiority. I've had so many oceans of good luck in my life, I don't have time or space to list it. But never, ever, did I assume those breaks meant others didn't need breaks.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gowdy: Did you see evidence of collusion?

Brennan: The committee has access to the info I am alluding to now. I am not going to talk about any individuals. I was aware of intel and information about contacts between Russian officials and USPs that raised concern in my mind that people could be used wittingly or unwittingly. I saw interactions that raised questions in my mind as to what was the nature. It is not the CIA's job to make a determination if a USP is cooperating. It is our job to refer that to the FBI.

I read that first sentence as "the evidence is classified and you already have it". Gowdy looked like an idiot and a tool even asking that question. Brennan is not going to talk publicly about the details of an investigation in progress.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump is managing to not fall on his face on this foreign trip. Thank goodness for small blessings.

4. Michael_ Gee

There's a huge difference between intelligence and evidence. That's why there's a CIA and an FBI.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Except the help is not there for many people who need It, while many who don't have no trouble. It's a broken system. I'm glad we're at least talking about fixes. I just don't believe most people truly invested in the system are interested in any substantive changes.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nice of him to acknowledge that Jews were the target of the Holocaust.

He's come a long way.

7. Michael_ Gee

A rationalization of America's social support system would be a very good thing indeed. But it would cost lots of money on top of what we spend now.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it odd that Trump's budget was announced while he's out of the country? Shouldn't he be here to help sell it?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Right. And, all they've found is contact -- which we all knew about.

What they haven't found is evidence of collusion.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

YF missed his calling as a pro wrestling ref.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Right. That's what they're looking for. Or, one might even say, investigating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.