1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Would the Chief be around to punch him and get away with it?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No he didn't.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes he did. He said there was intelligence contacts between the campaign and Russia that warranted investigation of collusion. That's the same thing unless you're arguing Flynn's defense in his upcoming treason trial.

5. YankeeFan

Which is already different than your previous post. Post the quote Michael.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In fairness, Fox was the first to go all-Manchester last night. Perhaps entirely as an excuse to change the subject from Trump.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

GOWDY: Did evidence exist of Collusion, Coordination, Conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian state actors at the time you learned of 2016 [Russian] efforts [to meddle with the election]?

BRENNAN: I encountered and was aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign, that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals, and it raised questions in my mind … whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals. I don’t know whether or not such collusion — and that’s your term — such collusion existed. I don’t know. But I know that there was a sufficient basis of information and intelligence that required further investigation by the Bureau to determine whether or not U.S. persons were actively conspiring, colluding with Russian officials.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Part of the problem is it's easier to be ScreechTV when a party with the opposite mindset is in power. Rush Limbaugh had the same problem 20-something years ago. All of a sudden, he went from ripping to the Clintons to defending Republicans who made gains elsewhere. People want to rip those in power. Easier than defending them.

9. Neutral Corner

10. YankeeFan

Right. Which is not what Michael quoted him as saying.

He is unable to say he saw any evidence of collision.

He saw contact.

11. YankeeFan

Is Hannity going to go out in a blaze of glory?

12. Neutral Corner

Gonna replace Spicer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.