1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's not his job. He gathered the intel and gave it to the FBI, which has several active investigations going. When those come to a conclusion they will discuss collusion, as you've been told a hundred times. I suspect that when you finally do see "evidence of collusion" you'll wish like hell you hadn't.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And then he'll go right back into spin mode anyway. I suspect the investigation could produce video of Trump working out the details of the deal with Putin, them promising Russia control over the United States' entire nuclear arsenal in payment and YF would still claim it is a nothingburger.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hannity seems to be pretty unhinged on this stuff and his tweets often look like someone who has had more than a few.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Probably a multi million $$ extension. He has done his job, namely to take the heat off the Fuhrer and put something out there that the idiots who voted for said Fuhrer will believe.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's an asshole and an unrepentant troll. But he's not trading a few million a year for $145,000 and 24/7 workdays.

Webster likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

LOL. Yeah, I know. I should have put >grin< or J/K or something after that.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When it comes to actual breaking news events like that, Fox generally does the best job. CNN and MSNBC seem to always be a step behind, and if it's after hours or on the weekend forget about it. They can't turn the aircraft carrier around to break out of their pre-packaged programming. Not sure if Fox always has a studio crew on standby ready to go live, or just has less of the pre-packaged stuff, but they seem to be on it pretty quickly.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Also, why play defense when you can play up the TERRORISM!!! angle. Much more effective at scaring Uncle Jack from changing the channel to Wheel of Fortune.

9. Neutral Corner

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do ok, but I don't make a few million a year.

11. Neutral Corner

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Ragu covered this before noon. Try the Algonquin Round Table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.