1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why the GOP hates education and why Betsy DeVos is Sec of Ed:

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's simple. Those folks support Trump because they believe he will make sure "white" is more important in our society than "non-college grad."

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Off of the picture it looked like Michelle Obama did the same, no?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Any negative polls are fake news."

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Yes. I think it was Melania's veil and hat that made the whole thing look over the top. If she'd had a small hat like Ivanka, not so unusual.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had never really thought about it before today, probably because the Obamas didn't try to hit all the Abrahamic traditions on the same trip like Clark Griswold cramming everything into a vacation. But upon reflection, yes she probably should have made the same all in or all out decision on wearing veils.

9. Michael_ Gee

Trump budget calls for cuts to NOAA specifically to slow progress in improving weather reports. Says so as a goal.

10. Michael_ Gee

The meanest thing I saw on twitter today, which I don't endorse but did laugh at, said Melania wore veil because as job seeking guides say, you should always dress for the job you want.

Ace likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Because as arcane and frustrating as diplomacy can be, it is still necessary. And I think foregoing a veil is a legitimate choice and should be up to the woman. But consistency and subtle gestures matter when you are functioning as a representative of the American people. It's a hard job that requires hard choices. Welcome to the show.

franticscribe and Spartan Squad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.