1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

QYFW works for a daily. If you get rid of all of us with no ties to journalism, you'll still be stuck with him.

SpeedTchr, Big Circus and QYFW like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Bozeman PD to hold newser at 8 MST, er, MileHigh time. Bozeman Chronicle will stream on Facebook.

3. YankeeFan

We've seen the same thing with regards to the intelligence community.

We get outrage if Trump suggests some within the community might be playing politics.

But, we also get predictions of politically motivated leaks if Trump "picks a fight" with them.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

QYFW is a journalist.

5. YankeeFan

He's only being defended by the conservatives you guys have imagined.

Sure, some on Twitter are getting a laugh from it, but no one here has defended it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll take that as good by me, Circus.

7. YankeeFan

Let's not go that far!

Big Circus and QYFW like this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's like how fat people can make fat jokes. I can make fat jokes -- figuratively and literally.

Big Circus likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, in fact Orrin Hatch's communication guy had a pretty good tweet mocking him. Sane conservatives and Republicans of all stripes know this only hurts them.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If reporter had been carrying, would he have justifiably feared for his life and been able to shoot him?

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's silly to think anyone is defending this hothead. But when someone says, "That politician better watch out, the journalist is angry," it makes one wonder how journalists (specifically in the political realm) who aren't angry (or dare I say happy with a given politician they cover) might approach their job. I realize some see journalists as robots, but it's human nature. If you are angry and that causes you to work harder at something, what happens when you are content?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't stand your ground when you're being body-slammed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.