1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Personally fine? Yes. Does not mean there shouldn't be consequences for that action.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. I'm telling you an awful lot of people would be fine with it. And I understand that, because he's a repugnant asshole who sows hatred with just about every breath he musters.

And, I would do it knowing Spencer has legal recourse against me, just like he did in the previous incident.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's fine, but don't tell people if they cheer for one they should cheer for the other. It's a Baron level comparison.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's not what's being argued. What's being argued is that simply being in existence after having advocated for Nazi politics is an inherently violent act.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I tend to believe in message board dynamics more than most, and so I chalk this up partially to a person wanting to take a static conversation - who in the world could nuance a politician body-slamming a reporter? - and spice it up by dragging a deeply offensive neo-Nazi into the conversation.

But it's still textbook trolling.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Setting up your public persona around advocating for such beliefs? An ongoing and perpetual violent act

8. doctorquant

Yeah ... no. You shouldn't like where that line of thought takes you.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. But, don't tell me that you are against violence.

Folks that support violence against Spencer, or who think Ayaan Hirsi Ali should have their vaginas taken away, aren't anti-violence.

And, if you don't condemn the violent acts of some, don't be surprised when an attack on a reporter isn't universally condemned either.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm against violence for those who have done nothing to deserve it. It is really easy to separate the two.

11. doctorquant

It's not as easy as you're making it out to be.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not a hostage to slippery slope fallacy, so it won't take me anywhere

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.