1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Ukrainians Say FBI Questioning Them About Paul Manafort’s Past

"Nayyem, noting that Manafort had arrived in Ukraine as a seasoned Washington political consultant with strong Republican ties, and also a record serving foreign dictators, told The Daily Beast that Manafort used what Nayyem called “destructive methods” both in Ukraine and in United States. “We are not dealing here with some ordinary man. This case requires a deep and global international investigation, it concerns our core values,” said Nayyem."

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Lousy candidate. Would you have considered $6 M a waste if spent on a more viable candidate? And are you OK with the spending of a comparable amount of $ on the victor, who believes the Bible should be the guide for public policy, specifically that we should do away with Social Security because Noah worked until the age of 600? Is that a better candidate than a folk singer. (Yes, I do believe that what the world needs now is another folk singer like I need a hole in my head.)

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If Democrats beat Republicans in 218 districts, they very may well win back the House in 2018.

RickStain likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From Ragu's link.

Can't wait until the EU decides to bypass the Moron In Chief and negotiate treaties with California instead.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Should redo a few rules, though. If the Democrat from Brooklyn gets more than 70% of the vote AND a Republican from Mississippi gets less than 55% of the vote, some at-large Democrat should get the Mississippi seat.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We can't rewrite any rules to make things reflect the will of the people. If God wanted the will of the people reflected, he would have written it into the Constitution through Andrew Jackson's right hand.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hear "if Democrats keep improving by these margins in 2018" and I'm reminded of the town I grew up in and the perpetual "7th grader who is gonna be a real QB when he gets to varsity and we'll finally make the playoffs."

10. Neutral Corner

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I get your point. But it's also not really the same thing. California is subject to the same fiscal policy as the rest of the United States. The EU has 28 countries that are fiscally all over the place and retain sovereignty when it comes to most things.

That said, you are right. As long as you have signed onto the EU, you have ceded your sovereignty with regard to negotiating trade deals for yourself. You have submitted yourself to the EU's "common commercial policy." It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest to one of those countries that they negotiate with you bilaterally, because they ain't gonna do it. Plus, you look like an idiot, because it's not as if this is anything new. That common commercial policy dates from the 1950s, I believe.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.