1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. We need a reliable verifiable source, like the president of the United States.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That Linda woman I had never heard of until yesterday when you told us she was a prominent and highly respected leader on the left?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here you go, YF. Another drop for you. It must be Fake News, of course. Until it isn't. I don't know much about Observer.com, maybe it's a clone of The Onion and I didn't get the joke. It wasn't hard to find though, it was the top headline at Google News. They must think the source is ok.

Exclusive: NSA Chief Admits Donald Trump Colluded With Russia

"This week’s town hall event, which was broadcast to agency facilities worldwide, was therefore met with surprise and anticipation by the NSA workforce, and {Director of the NSA} Rogers did not disappoint. I have spoken with several NSA officials who witnessed the director’s talk and I’m reporting their firsthand accounts, which corroborate each other, on condition of anonymity.

In his town hall talk, Rogers reportedly admitted that President Trump asked him to discredit the FBI and James Comey, which the admiral flatly refused to do. As Rogers explained, he informed the commander in chief, “I know you won’t like it, but I have to tell what I have seen”—a probable reference to specific intelligence establishing collusion between the Kremlin and Team Trump.

Rogers then added that such SIGINT exists, and it is damning. He stated, “There is no question that we [meaning NSA] have evidence of election involvement and questionable contacts with the Russians.” Although Rogers did not cite the specific intelligence he was referring to, agency officials with direct knowledge have informed me that DIRNSA was obviously referring to a series of SIGINT reports from 2016 based on intercepts of communications between known Russian intelligence officials and key members of Trump’s campaign, in which they discussed methods of damaging Hillary Clinton.

NSA employees walked out of the town hall impressed by the director’s forthright discussion of his interactions with the Trump administration, particularly with how Rogers insisted that he had no desire to “politicize” the situation beyond what the president has already done. America’s spies are unaccustomed to playing partisan politics as Trump has apparently asked them to do, and it appears that the White House’s ham-fisted effort to get NSA to attack the FBI and its credibility was a serious mistake.

It’s therefore high time for the House and Senate intelligence committees to invite Admiral Rogers to talk to them about what transpired with the White House. It’s evident that DIRNSA has something important to say. Since Mike Rogers is said to have kept notes of the president’s effort to enlist him in Trump’s personal war with the FBI, as any seasoned Beltway bureaucrat would do, his account ought to be impressively detailed."

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

She's an anti-Semite so she's welcome in the party's leadership, but her support for the legal degradation of women might not get her past Super Tuesday.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

John Adams never said that.

His character in the musical 1776 said it.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's real to him, damnit!

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn LIBRUHLS not wanting to put coal miners back to work!

Speaking with reporters on Thursday night, he criticized coal as a source of fuel that “doesn’t even make that much sense anymore as a feedstock.”
    “Natural gas, which we have become an abundant producer, which we’re going to become a major exporter of, is such a cleaner fuel,” he said then.
    “If you think about how solar and how much wind power we’ve created in the United States, we can be a manufacturing powerhouse and still be environmentally friendly.”

White House: Trump’s views of Paris climate deal are ‘evolving’

9. Neutral Corner

Shrug. Ok. I got it off of another web page, then when you called it fake I googled it. Looked legit.

My apologies.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She was one of the leaders of the Women's March.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Perhaps @MisterCreosote is confused by the lack of news/information elsewhere. Guess you get what you pay for. :)

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.