1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

MC Skywalker.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Regarding the pol in Texas ...

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Spencer has ties to Stephen Miller, the key Trump advisor and co-author of the Muslim ban. Spencer is also the father of the term alt-right. Not insignificant.

As a member of the Duke Conservative Union, Miller worked closely with Richard Spencer, a Ph.D. student who would later coin the term "alt-right" and become a leading white nationalist. Spencer told me that at Duke, Miller helped him with fundraising and promotion for an on-campus debate on immigration policy that Spencer organized in 2007, featuring influential white nationalist Peter Brimelow. Miller vehemently denied to me that he had any connection to Spencer or his ideas, but another former member of the Duke Conservative Union confirmed to me that Miller and Spencer worked together on the Brimelow event.
    The Dark History of the White House Aides Who Crafted Trump's "Muslim Ban" | Mother Jones

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wall Street Journal reports Trump might have his tweets reviewed by his lawyers before posting them. 1. What fun is that? 2. Gonna be tough on the lawyers working the night and Fox and Friends shifts. 3. Not exactly the move of a man with nothing to hide.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Miller is a cockroach. He makes Jeff Sessions look good by comparison, and that takes a helluva lot of doing.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because they're videos of propaganda selectively edited to elicit an emotional reaction instead of dealing with actual facts.

Multiple Republican states have done investigations and not found evidence of wrongdoing by PP. Those videos are fake news.

Besides, we've been told numerous times by Republicans and the NRA that emotions do not trump constitutional rights. That's all those videos are. Emotional propaganda.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If PP officials joking about destroying babies doesn't elicit an emotional reaction out of you, I feel sorry for you. To go through life that cold. I can't imagine.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I wouldn't lose sleep over it, since I know next to nothing about her.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With the help of his fluffer, QY, YF is back to his tactic of stacking the sins, real or imagined, of every Democrat ever against Donald Trump.

I must admit I knew nothing about Linda Sarsour until y'all brought her up. The bit about defending Sharia Law seems legit. The anti-Semitism? Got anything other than a badly-sourced article on the Fox News website? I'm not saying the evidence doesn't exist. I'm asking if you or QY can back up your claims about this leader of Liberals who is so powerful that many people to the left of you politically have never heard of her.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So your standard is whether you "know" about someone? You do know she is an anti-Semite and supports an extreme religious doctrine that treats women (and gays) as subhuman. I guess that's not enough to make a firm decision on whether you should support her. But, hey, she doesn't support Trump. Yay!

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's not really your style.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You responding to me or MC Skywalker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.