1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Dude who spends hours on fake news sites, and believing the content, criticizing someone regarding what they post is why this place is great.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How much of your day is devoted to reading about people you hate?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ...that's it ...

I was just kidding you before. It was a lighthearted jab. The way you worded it struck me as funny.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'd say 50 percent of my reading is devoted to stories about the state of this country. Hate is a word I try not to use, but I am fearful and disgusted.
    And I'll say this: It was so disturbing to read here and elsewhere unfounded stories about Hillary's health -- she had MS, Parkinson's, dementia, etc! I'm guessing the stories about her now put to rest those lies and wishful theories? (Election fatigue prevents me from reading about her.) But each day we are treated to these very real images. Imagine if any other President had to ride in a golf cart while the rest of the leaders and entourage walked, or if any other President looked like this:

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Those grueling days of 2-hour luxury banquets can really wear you down.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think the counter was in the 350s at the start of the day ...

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

In our society currently, people do it an awful lot. In our times, attention has become the coin of the realm in some ways.

In the end, there's a shitload of media out there. What we consume says something about us (arguing with some folks who like to troll on message boards does as well). I haven't the foggiest what's been in the last 10 or 20 last NY Mag covers or what's in any of this issue's non-cover stories. I know what's on the cover because I read this place and because it makes YF mad. He wants folks thinking about Hilary, or he wouldn't bring her up, most likely because schadenfreude is a thing.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Fake News on the 8s.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah, it makes HIM mad.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When you kept going, I thought you were serious. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.