1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get that Trump will have a hard time being a "consoler in chief" in times of hurt, whether its Portland, or the killing spree in Mississippi, or some natural disaster it's just not in his nature and nobody would buy it anyway - but I do wish he would at least try. It would go a long way to making him seem a little more presidential and not just some historical accident.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Normally, yes, but consider the source.

What are the odds that Fucko even knows that "hallowed" and "hollowed" are two separate words? Astronomical.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why that account and not @realdonaldtrump?

4. Starman

@realdonaldtrump is the account Fucko himself posts on.

PresidentTrump@POTUS is the account his PR flunkies post on, saying the things they think he should say.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The odds are very good that he knows the difference. Where it gets dicey is whether he could pronounce them (or a thousand other words) distinctly enough to receive a passing score from an immigration officer if he were seeking citizenship the hard way.

6. Starman

No, no, no, no. If he comes out and starts doing some hearts-and-flowers I-feel-your-pain song and dance, the odds are overwhelming that very quickly some victim's survivors would step up to the mike and tell him to save his crocodile tears and shove a red-hot metal pole all the way up his fucking fat ass.

"You never gave a fuck about my (son, brother, sister, etc etc) or people like him while they were alive, why should you give a fuck now? Fuck you and your fake sympathy. Go back to finger Fucking the Pretty Princess and have another scoop of ice cream, fatfuck."

They can't let that happen. So you won't see Fucko making any mournful public statements.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I always found Bernie's version of "oligarchy" to be amusing ... we oligarchs don't pronounce it that way.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If someone ever screws up and makes me dictator, everyone who learned English northeast of the Beltway will have subtitles when speaking on TV.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you watch him today at Arlington?

10. YankeeFan

That's not at all the reception he received today in Section 60 at Arlington, where families were happy to see him. And where he personally greeted many of them.

11. Starman

Just wait.

The reception from military survivors will get a little frostier after the candy-ass silver-spoon draft dodger starts sending troops of his own off into shooting zones to be shipped home in body bags.

Yah yah yah yah I know Clinton and Obama dodged the draft too. But they never gave sniggering self-congratulatory interviews in which they compared combat duty in Vietnam with successfully evading syphilis in the deadly halls of NYC discos.

That shit won't fly with families burying their sons after being killed in battles Fucko sends them off into.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    heyabbott likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

For what, one grieving family member to say something unkind? What would that prove?

He was in the exact situation you described just today, and was treated as the Commander in Chief by a crowd of grieving family members from our current conflicts.

Military members and families voted for Trump.

He's done nothing but honor service members, veterans and the fallen as President. He's also changed the rules of engagement, promised additional funding, and appointed an immensely popular SecDef.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.