1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You know, I've found, in my business, that when pussy ballplayers get involved in fighting, I start forgetting who I'm supposed to be punching.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe this isn't part of the vacuum ... but the pitcher went against his wishes (shook him off), in a 2-0 game, to put a runner on base (a runner who ended up scoring). He did all of this to settle an old score, which was the guy hitting a bomb off him in a game the Giants won anyway on their way to another world championship.

It's unbelievable to me that anyone thinks Posey was in the wrong here.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For the record, I don't think Posey was in the wrong.

It's a funny photo, though.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think we're seeing what Tim Flannery calls "couch coaches" Tweeting here, not seeing the big picture. Perhaps the same ones who wanted Bumgarner fined after his mountain bike adventures. And likely the same ones who, if either exits via free agency, will be the first to cry disloyalty.

That, and like I mentioned uptopic, with Posey's injury history, getting in the middle of the scrum is not the best idea.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

True. I did chuckle.

I liken it to trying to talk your high school friend out of meeting his enemy in the parking lot. If he's that insistent on fighting, let him go.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As my (still-estranged) NASCAR-buddy cousin put it ... Git chew a belly full ...

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Guessing on appeal, Strickland penalty stands and Harper is reduced by a game. Maybe two.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That makes sense, especially as Harper can claim he threw his helmet off course on purpose.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

On purpose lol. It slipped into a 50 Cent highlight moment.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He can say that but if I'm baseball I retort with, "then why throw it at all?" Of course I'm in full agreement that the suspension probably gets dropped a game or two.

LTL brought up that Pence might get something for leaving the bench while on the DL, but it looks like he's not seeing punishment as of yet.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The funniest part was Mad Bum.
    Took two steps to the top step in the dugout, turned right around and did absolutely nothing.
    He was going nowhere near that.

Draft saved Draft deleted