1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not saying Posey was in the wrong at all.
    I'm just curious why he didn't try and step in between Harper and Strickland to calm things down......or better yet........why he felt the need to haul ass out to the mound after punches were already thrown.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Catcher definitely at least should not stand behind the plate. He has the gear on. Was Harper going to punch him in the mask and helmet and knock him out? Buddy, who played at Brown, said his catcher would've been fined if he just stood behind the plate.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is everyone on the team obligated to act like a complete idiot just because the pitcher does?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Looked that way.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd like to see everyone's actions telestrated by John Madden X's and O's style. That would be fucking awesome.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think Posey a) wasn't going to get involved in that thing because he knew his pitcher was a dipshit b) he didn't want to get hit in the head in the melee because of the concussions and c) I think he finally looks for someone to give a hug to when he saw Morse and Samardzija collide.

And there were guys who still could have gotten there pretty quick who seemed to have concrete in their shoes to get in that scrum.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The dream is to find someone who looks at you the way LTL looks at Buster Posey.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

Look at my avatar. I like the mountain men.

10. LongTimeListener

Hermes likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

As George Michael would say, let's go to the video tape! Madden should draw up the path Morse took to get concussed.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You seem quite disturbed by the idea that anybody might dare criticize Posey for not defending his teammate.

[​IMG]

cjericho likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted