1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must-visit awful U.S. cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JohnHammond, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Redlands is pretty nice, though. And there are orange groves between San Berdoo and Redlands where you can just drive down the road and pick one off the ground if you so choose.

Not exactly in the must-see camp, but the whole of the IE is not a total shithole like Rock Springs, Wyo.

Tweener likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

True, there are some pockets. Mission Inn in Riverside is nice. Redlands is fine. There are worse places out there. But there's certainly no must-see things to see, though it is where I grew up and my parents and brother still live.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Huh? Did you not read my comment about whores, druggies and other reprobates? Place is a dump. I don't care WHAT kind of restaurants they have. Heck, LA has hundreds of great places to dine, and I don't get accosted by dirtbags. I love LA.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'm not crapping on the IE. Nothing wrong with it.
    I've stayed at the Mission Inn. I know people in the IE.
    I'm just saying it's not 'must-see.'

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Charleston, South Carolina. Spent a weekend there and at night the king street area was basically crawling with bachelor and bachelorette parties, loud assholes puking and falling down or crying and making drama. like a well-coiffed bourbon street. Nice enough during the day (though it was hot as balls), but give me Savannah over it every time

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Keep driving. Please.
    Drive the 45 more minutes to Guymon. It's not a nice town, but it's a damn site better than Liberal.
    Not much past Guymon. Lots of little towns (Stratford, Dalhart)....if you could manage to drive the extra 3 hours to Tucumcari, that's your best bet.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not a real family-friendly stretch of road.

Parts get desolate. Research your overnight stop and watch your gas.

8. Machine Head

Dalhart, home of the roadside cowboy drawing his gun!

Then:

[​IMG]

More recently:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love driving that stretch of road. You can see forever. That's the drive at night where it's you and the road, roll down the windows, and go as fast as you want.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Son of a bitch......now that I got to talking about Mister Burger.......
    The Triple with jalapenos........an order of tater tots and a Cherry Limeade would hit the spot right about now.

Mr. Burger

11. Machine Head

I drive it in the daylight. I'm alone, and I blast music.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted