1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If so, then it was the deadest dead-pan joke delivered by a press secretary.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I really want it to be a joke because I don't want these dolts to try and say they are talking in code or some such shit.

4. Machine Head

Isn't it scary that it could go either way, joke or code, rather than just admit Trump fucked up?

HE'S HUMAN, OMG!

Please be joke..

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Here's the thing that I was getting at ... that's not what the guy actually said. Here's what he actually said ...

"Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it."

Now, sure, his whole "if there's a real problem" bit is ill-advised, but not entirely off the mark. Despite the protests of the Science! crowd, how big a problem man-influenced climate change will be is not an open-and-shut matter, especially when you start doing cost-and-benefit calculations. But there truly are things that could just ... happen ... that we might call "acts of God" (if we wanted), that could seriously forestall (or even reverse) the warming. We know this because they've happened many, many times before.

I could appeal to authority here, and quote this Nobel laureate or that, just as you (or others) could in argument. But the facts are the facts: The dude in question in this kerfuffle wasn't totally off-base.

RickStain likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, admitting you butt-tweeted the entire world would be difficult for any of us, I imagine.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust my ass within a mile of the twitter button. Both cheeks are terribly, terribly racist.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Trump never admits when he's wrong, right?

OK, they're talking in code.

9. Machine Head

Moving on, I await Spicey's report on crazy Ted Nugent.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wondering what the big deal is? [/oldschoolsj.com]
    [​IMG]

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I kind of wish "What happens on Twitter stays on Twitter." Would save me from even having exposure to this nonsense.

Oh, "we" can fight it all right, but unless God puts smoke-belching China into another half-century coma, it ain't gonna mean a thing.

You know, if you're going to refer to him in affectionate terms, use the correct ones: Volodya, Vova or Vovochka.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.