1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's not like India's gonna throw up its hands and say, "Oh, too bad! We missed our chance!" either.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, what should the US do? Nothing at all? Keep on polluting ourselves - because China and India might?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're going to be the best polluters! We're winning the pollution race, thanks to all the coal miners in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

These climate agreements have much greater effects on the U.S. than they do on smaller, less productive countries. If it's not in the country's interests to enter into an agreement, we shouldn't be browbeaten by alarmists into doing SOMETHING, especially when that something could be harmful to the economy.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You need to pull a truck. It takes six men to pull the truck. Five refuse to do it.

What are you doing to do?

That being said, I kind of like that WE have cleaner air than we used to, because of environmental regulations. But that's all you're going to get out of our efforts. The planet is out of our hands.

My wife was quite surprised upon seeing American cars for the first time. "Hey, there's no black smoke coming from the back."

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Red meat for YF.

"The Russians, in my opinion, could not have known how best to weaponize that information unless they had been guided," she said. When pressed on who she thinks colluded with Russia to supply this information, Clinton said, "I'm leaning Trump. I think it's pretty hard not to."

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We gone?

President Trump is expected to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement, three officials with knowledge of the decision said, making good on a campaign pledge but severely weakening the landmark 2015 climate change accord that committed nearly every nation to take action to curb the warming of the planet.

But he / she who speaks to Trump last..

And Mr. Trump has proved himself willing to shift direction up until the moment of a public announcement. He is set to meet Wednesday afternoon with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who has advocated that the United States remain a part of the Paris accords and could continue to lobby the president to change his mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/climate/trump-quits-paris-climate-accord.html?_r=0

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Find a way to do it without their help using technology (a Warn should do the trick).

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think you're on to something.

Maybe we could reinvent Reagan's Star Wars initiative and launch a giant vacuum cleaner into space.

[​IMG]

10. Machine Head

Stop.

You lost.

Let those in charge of the investigations do their jobs.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're the ones who are looking for excuses now. You sit tight.

12. Machine Head

It goes wherever it goes.

Somewhere, nowhere, wherever.

I don't think Mueller is a stooge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.