1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Is that supposed to be analogous to anything that's happening in the real world?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It means he likes those who evaded Vietnam by working daddy's connections and concocting bogus injuries to get deferments.

They did not get captured.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure you got the analogy.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No, I didn't. Maybe try this ...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is you who has flip-flopped on Comey, along with Trump and his defenders, yet you want to claim it is the other side. It is the same hypocritical bullshit you always push and it makes you impossible to take seriously even when you do have something of merit to say about politics.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is an example of what I'm talking about. He criticized McCain for getting captured. Every time Trump does or says something you can't defend, you just make up whatever meaning you want and throw it out there with the sad hope that it will stick.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Find one post where I've ever impugned his motives or his character.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

An arsonist starts a raging fire. ... It burns furiously. ... The same arsonist runs off, changes into a firefighter's uniform and rides in on a fire truck assuring everyone that he is just the guy to save the day. Do you let him?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Firefighters do controlled burns all the time.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Of which union is he a member?

poindexter likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is fucking nonsense. Our last president, the guy everyone on the right simultaneously thinks is a naive fool and evil mastermind, won an election by regularly criticizing McCain without coming close to denigrating his military record.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In fact, Obama seemed to preface every criticism of McCain's positions by reminding us that we appreciate and honor his service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.