1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Irrelevant. As usual, you put those goalposts on your shoulder and start walking when called out on your bullshit. You backed everything Comey did as long as it hurt Clinton. You attack everything he does that might hurt Trump. Once again, you are a hypocrite.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What actions of his have I criticized?

I don't believe he's off limits to criticism, but where have I criticized him?

3. YankeeFan

I guess that's how it works, eh?

Is that how you get dispensation from the media to criticize him?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He was responding to what he viewed as personal criticism of him and his supporters with personal criticism of McCain.

He started by saying McCain was a loser and he doesn't like losers. That's when Luntz said he was a war hero. Trump clearly and explicitly disagreed.

And then he doubled down on it the next day by claiming no one ever pays attention to the people who weren't captured, even though non-POW war heroes are exhalted literally every day in this country.

It was a petty, personal attack. Not some grand political statement about "certain people" being above criticism.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right? Sorry. Not interested in playing your game today. You'll just dump another lie on the pile just as you are doing in your ridiculous defense of Trump's personal insult of McCain.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is your suggestion that he should have carried out a general election campaign without criticizing his opponent's positions?

Hermes likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You accused him of perjury. Pretty sure that falls under impugning one's character

8. YankeeFan

Oh, go fuck yourself.

If you can't come up with a single example of where I've criticized him, you need to withdraw the charge.

My point all along has been that the media joins in on the criticism of Comey when Clinton and other Dems are hitting him.

When Trump criticizes him, they don't just disagree with him, they try to declare him completely off limits to criticism from Trump.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whatever else you make of McCain's military record (five plane crashes, etc) the SOB spent six years in a POW camp.
    Fucko wanted to minimize McCain's actual suffering as a POW to boost his bullshit that his own harrowing voyage against gonorrhea in the bathroom stalls of Studio 54 was equivalent.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

He very specifically gave false testimony. That's a fact that he's admitted to, and he came back to correct the record.

I never accused him of perjury, which requires more than just false testimony.

11. YankeeFan

Your edit of this post didn't make it any more accurate.

I've not attacked any of Comey's actions. I've defended them.

I think he's an honorable guy, who did his best to do what was right.

12. YankeeFan

Fucko called McCain a loser, not because he had been a POW, but because -- wait for it -- he LOST the presidential race to Obama in 2008.

And, for that, he was accused of being out of bounds, and criticizing a POW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.