1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You are attacking his actions and questioning his integrity now that he is in opposition to Trump.

And my edit absolutely added to the accuracy of post. You do carry the goalposts all over the place when you are busted on your bullshit.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. I'm not a crazy person.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

To be fair, the conversation immediately preceding that quote is as follows:

Trump: "(McCain) insulted me and he insulted everybody in that room. And I said somebody should run against John McCain, who has been, in my opinion, not so hot. And I supported him for president. I raised $1 million for him. That’s a lot of money. I supported him, he lost, he let us down. But he lost and I never liked him much after that 'cause I don’t like losers. But, but — Frank, Frank, let me get to it.

Luntz: "He’s a war hero. He’s a war hero …"

Trump: "He’s not a war hero ..."

Luntz: "He’s war hero."

Trump: "He is a war hero ..."

Luntz: "Five and half years in a Vietnamese prison camp …"

Trump: "He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured ..."

Totally sounds like a grand political statement and not a petty personal attack from a thin-skinned, spoiled brat.

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  4. outofplace

Then why not just say this rather than go into some long justification? And why does it take so long for you to get there?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have never been accused of being an expert on the law but isn't giving false testimony the definition of perjury?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't mind you saying that. When you start saying there was some broader, valid point in what he actually said and how he said it ... you've lost me completely there.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No.

8. YankeeFan

Link?

9. outofplace

Thank you for putting that in its full context and reminding us just how bad Trump's comments were.

10. outofplace

Asked and answered already, you lying hypocrite.

11. YankeeFan

LOL. You're not good at this.

I choose my words carefully.

I've said repeatedly that Comey is an honorable guy, who was not motivated by politics. And, even that pissed you off. You argued he was motivated by politics.

But, somehow I'm a hypocrite, not you.

JC likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ok. What am I missing then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.