1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Remind me what the growth numbers have been in Russia the past two years.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Withdrawing from the climate accord is another case where Trump has done more to fire up his opponents than his supporters. He could've let it lie, and his base wouldn't much care. Their concerns are different.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's good to know the coal industry is going to now come back to life and restore all those jobs, though.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Imma get mah coal mine jawb back!"

Sure you are. If this is you.
    IMG_5367.JPG

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Demographically speaking, white men 55 and over are Trump's strongest bloc of voters. Those dudes couldn't be coal miners even if the jobs came back. As noted, their concerns are different.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Catching up on this thread. Quite a mountain of word salad to wade through from YF. A whole bunch of revisionist history and total BS.

Thousands of words basically boil down to this: Comey is an honerbale man who always tries to do the right thing. But you better not believe a fucking word he says if it makes Trump look bad.

Um, ok. Good luck with that. I've never changed my stance on Comey. YF has. He meddled in an election and should've beeen fired in July. He will testify. If he has credible evidence against Team Trump, sure let's hear it. It's up to people who matter to decide if it's legit or not. Not me. Not YF.

And the defense of Trump over the McCain comments is complete bullshit YF. On every level. There's no justifying it.

Everyone knows what Trump said and what he meant. I don't agree with most of McCain's politics, but that was awful and like many other things Trump did, should have been disqualifying.

That's a losing battle for you.

HanSenSE, melock and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Failures.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They don't have 87 percent inflation or rampant unemployment and are not in default.

Puts them a light year ahead of where they were when our buddy Yeltsin was leading the country.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thanks to Trump and the decline of retail, the entire number of coal miners might finally eclipse the number of JC Penney's employees.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

Say coal.

Say coal!

SAY COAL!

12. BitterYoungMatador2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.