1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody likes being the victim of an economic/technological shift that makes their job either lower paying or nonexistent. It happened to me and to a lot of other people on this board. But if Trump or any other candidate said they could bring back newspaper jobs, we'd all laugh at them. I feel badly for the voters who fell for this con, but they bear responsibility for their credulity.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's like your uncle who doesn't know it's not 1977 anymore. "We are gonna bring back those jobs at US Steel and Pontiac!" Ummmmm, about that...

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Way more jobs have been lost in the newspaper industry in the last 20 years than in coal. When is Fucko gonna start bringing them back?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe this is an obvious question but:

If you set your own goals under the Accord and...

Penalties are non-binding then...

What's the point of being in it, other than to say "we're in it!"

QYFW likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He will not understand climate change until his seaside golf courses get washed away by rising waters.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the point is that with the US and China on board, developing countries had less of an excuse not to at least set some goals. It allowed the richer countries to nudge the poorer ones in the same direction. Now it's not hard to envision the next move. The EU and China will work together on new deals, leaving the US out.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump: I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris.
    Pittsburgh mayor: As the Mayor of Pittsburgh, I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

stupid is as stupid does.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's wonderful that the mayor is a globalist. Jesus Christ, liberals. Better start hiding your disdain for America (again) or Trump is only the beginning.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He'll be dead by then, so he doesn't care. Fuck you getting ours is the heart of boomer politics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.