1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's a little stunning to see how fast the US is abdicating world leader status.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's been happening for a number of years.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't get it. How is worrying that significant parts of America might end up underwater, tropical disease infested or drought-ridden if we don't follow a certain set of policies not caring about it? Also, I assume you know the Mayor of Pittsburgh won an election to get that office, right?

4. RickStain

It's a little heartening to see you already turning to the W. plan, where it becomes impossible to deny that he's a fuckup so one insists that it is just a continuation of past fuckups

cranberry likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We join the prestigious company of Syria and Nicaragua.

6. RickStain

It has Paris in the name you Euro Nancy boy

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, I understand that the leader of Syria might've been reluctant to leave his home to sign the thing. Weirdly enough, Nicaragua didn't sign it because it didn't feel the accord was tough enough. It's on track to have 90 percent of its electricity generated by renewables.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When Trump finds that out he'll have the ambassador drive a diesel F350 with pollution controls removed in order to roll coal at stoplights.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You guys got one you've been holding in an ice block for 40,000 years to primary Trump?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Leadership is more than giving good speeches. You think Obama's abdication of foreign policy for the past eight years had a little something to do with America's reputation as world leader being dinged? I don't think Trump has been a good president, and I'm not too hopeful for the future. But I'm also not a raving lunatic like Gee or Starman, and I'm not nearly as knee-jerk ideologue-y as you and most posters are. Things that happened before are connected to things that are happening now and things that will happen in the future. I don't "reset" my worldview and my political takes every four to eight years.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, nobody elected us. And you know what they say about absolute power.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You prefer we join the ranks of China when it comes to the environment? Maybe we can work with them on a human-rights pact as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.