1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think you'd be stunned at how little electricity (per capita) Nicaragua consumes. North Fucking Korea consumes more electricity (per capita) than does Nicaragua.

Also, this is how not on track Nicaragua is toward 90% renewables ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I just loved Trump saying this would lead to more automotive industry jobs when both Ford and GM have recently announced layoffs.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Are you telling me that these accords don't apply to all countries equally? Get out!

6. Inky_Wretch

I'm about 90-percent certain that if the Paris Accords had been struck under Bush instead of Obama that Trump wouldn't have targeted it. Everything he has done since taking office seems to be revenge for Obama joking about him at the WHCA dinner years ago.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was as close as you've ever come to actual humor. I'd encourage you to keep trying, but I don't hate the other members of the board that much.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Glenn Kessler tweets we never saw:

Reminder: there are 50 states, not 57. It's hard to tell if Obama knows this.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Even if that was the only point, symbolic gestures matter. A president should know that. I'm not sure President Trump realizes it.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Symbolism over Substance, the foundation of Modern American Liberalism. Glad to see you've finally come around to accept the reality of the laundry for whom you root. I appreciate the rare bit of honesty you have put forth on the matter.

11. Inky_Wretch

#WhatAbout

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That's leadership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.