1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm trying to sound academic-y!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I never said any of what you're trying to attribute to me.

Firstly, he's never said anything regarding Trump that would indicate that Trump, or anyone on his team has committed a crime.

Secondly, I've never said you shouldn't believe him when he talks about Trump.

All I've said is that it's as valid for Trump to criticize Comey as it is for Dems to do it.

In the wake if the reopening of the email investigation, Comey was savaged by dems, who called into question his decisions and his character. He was accused of making political decisions, in order to help Trump.

There was never any evidence of this.

But, now when it's Trump criticizing Comey, folks are acting like it's some constitutional crisis, and that it's out of bounds for him to do so.

3. YankeeFan

Let's try this again.

I haven't defended what Trump specifically said. It was wrong, and he was wrong to say it.

He should have apologized quickly, and publicly, as well as privately, and directly to McCain.

But, I'm still unsure of why Luntz interjection of, "he's a war hero", was a necessary interruption to the answer Trump was giving.

McCain had been criticizing Trump publicly. Trump talks about how be blew it in 2008, losing to McCain and Lunzt jumps in to cut him off -- protesting that McCain is a war hero.

So fucking what? Is that supposed to make him immune to criticism?

And so Trump objected to the idea that McCain couldn't be criticized. He did it poorly. Very poorly. But, the objection itself by Trump was necessary.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you don't even believe this crap. But go ahead and keep spinning.

5. Deskgrunt50

Wrong.

6. YankeeFan

The assumption by the Washington Post's fact checker that Trump is too dumb to understand stuff is ridiculous.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

What's on the front page of the Climate Channel's website?

9. YankeeFan

He's another funny one to follow on twitter.

(Just don't tell @MisterCreosote. He's hate reading him.)

10. YankeeFan

What's wrong?

What was the point of Luntz's interruption, in which he declared McCain to be a war hero?

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

QYFW likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Jesus, just stop. Why you're choosing to die on this hill is beyond me.

Trump said what we said. It's on tape. We all heard it. He's a giant gaping asshole for saying what he said.

But you choose to defend it a totally ham-fisted manner that in beyond belief and incredibly fucking stupid.

Done with this. I'll enjoy it as you keep sounding like an idiot.

melock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.