1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep. I got a good laugh when he bought some cell modems for our game cams at the cabin - and had to get Verizon SIM cards.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

T-Movile's coverage has improved a lot in the past two years, at least when you stick to interstates.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not just natural gas that's killing the West Virginia coal mines. Montana coal is cheaper as well. Something else that Trump can't fix to bring those jobs back.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oooooh! Shiny object!

What's the count and amount up to now?

5. Neutral Corner

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Probably lawyering up to get protection from GWAR.

7. Neutral Corner

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Love all these mayors jumping in to the climate change fray. Can't wait til they start walking to work and cut off the heat and A/C in their offices. Lead by example, ye brave ladies and gents (and others)!

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When I worked for AT&T, the office thermostat was set at 74 degrees in summertime as a matter of office policy, and the corporate rules (Ma Bell has written rules on every subject you care to imagine) dictated that the actual building temperature could vary by four degrees without changing settings. Therefore it could be (and often was) 78 degrees. Did I mention this was summer? In Alabama? And male employees were expected to wear dress shirts and ties?

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Exactly.

My grandfather would tell me to quit complaining about the heat all the time. He worked in an oilfield office in the deep Mid-South in the 40s, and I imagine it was hot as balls all day, every day. In suits and ties.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying this to try and be morally superior. Like everyone else, I spent 39 hours and 59 minutes per week bitching about how hot it was. Your grandfather would have hated me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.