1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

LongTimeListener likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Yeah. That one was shared pretty wildly on twitter yesterday.

I have no rage towards Hillary. If she was in power I might, but not now.

I'm very pro women. My wife is incredibly strong of will, physically, and emotionally.

And we're raising our daughter to be the same way.

Hillary is an entitled cry baby. She deserves mockery, just as Trump does.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"rage"

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but that is some high-level idiocy.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wow. Michael Gerson. That's quite a list of unanswered questions, and he gets off some good lines as well.

"President Trump possesses nothing of Bill Clinton’s talent for compartmentalization — the ability to prevent flooding in one area from sinking the whole ship. Trump reflects the design work of the Titanic. Breach one compartment and the rest flood as well."

"Trump’s traditional methods of damage control no longer work. In the past, he has used Twitter feuds and teased policy announcements as shiny, distracting objects. Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III cares not a whit for any of this. As Trump was attempting to use climate policy as a political page-turner, Mueller was hiring the chief of the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department to be part of the investigation into Russian influence. Trump is now facing not only the challenge of exploiting the media’s limited attention span but the scrutiny of institutions. His normal repertoire of responses — demeaning, inflaming, vulgarizing — seems like arrows against an advancing tank."

"The chief advantage of nepotism — a bond outside political calculation — is also a considerable drawback. It is difficult to throw someone under the bus when you are handcuffed to them."

Opinion | Trump’s best chance at battling the Russia scandal

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know about this. Of course I'm not a climate scientist, but there are plenty of seemingly legit (to me) estimates out there that are in the 2/10ths of a degree range (and those are under very generous (to the Paris accords) assumptions).

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. What is Trump going to do if he testifies? Fire him?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

An agreement that is “non-binding” cannot also be “draconian,” and the fact that Trump chose to describe it both ways confirms that he doesn’t really understand it, or is simply being fed lines to recite, or both.

Trump and the Paris Agreement

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No doubt misogyny played into it for some people. But for many, many others it was just Clinton. I've posted this before, but my parents from Kansas have in the past been staunch supporters and defenders of both Democrat Kathleen Sebelius and Republican Nancy Kassebaum. They both hate Hillary Clinton and wrote in candidates for president this time around.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have a friend who *is* a climate scientist. He teaches meteorology at the University of Georgia now, and has worked for NOAA and NASA. Call it what you want, it's happening. A decrease of 2/10 of a degree does not sound like much, but compared to continuing increases it sounds pretty good.

An easy grab off of his FB page is the recent 16 months in a row of warmer-than-normal weather in Athens:

Feb 2016: +0.4F
    Mar 2016: +5.6F
    Apr 2016: +1.7F
    May 2016: +0.3F
    Jun 2016: +3.2F
    Jul 2016: +3.4F
    Aug 2016: +2.4F
    Sep 2016: +4.4F
    Oct 2016: +4.8F
    Nov 2016: +3.0F
    Dec 2016: +1.7F
    Jan 2017: +8.0F