1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Misogyny toward Clinton doesn't necessarily mean that people would never vote for a woman, even a Democratic woman.

Misogyny toward Clinton means that people would not vote for Clinton because of traits she possesses that would not bother them if she were a man.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kill him.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What that has to do with what I posted (or those posts to which I responding) is beyond me ...

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Clinton's shittiness as a candidate had nothing to do with her gender. Bernie Sanders is an ignorant fuckstick, and he isn't female. Donald Trump is male (as far as we know) and doesn't know shit from shinola. Being a good or bad candidate has nothing to do with gender.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And he won against a woman.

How exactly does his example support your point that the election "has nothing to do with gender"?

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's true, and I get that on some levels it's ok for Bob Dole to be a grouch and not her (though they topped out at the same level politically). But plenty of the "deplorables" would have voted for Palin.

And YF got singled out in the discussion, and he's made it pretty clear he hates the entire Clinton machine, starting with Bill. I guess my point was, no, the women in your life shouldn't necessarily be concerned if you have a distaste for Hillary Clinton.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The people in your life should be concerned if you're easily swayed by ridiculous arguments.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Something about progressive women (and minorities) stokes rage in the MAGA crowd that progressive white men can't touch. If they find one that agrees with their viewpoints (Sarah Palin, Ben Carson, etc.) they're cool with that. But Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, both Obamas ... they inspire white-hot rage and vindictive personal attacks far beyond anything you'll see directed at a Joe Biden, Harry Reid or Chuck Schumer.

Big Circus, RickStain and gingerbread like this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the most recent election. I just chose those three as examples. All terrible candidates, avec dick or sans dick.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

There's a difference between "distaste' and an unhealthy obsession with her that comes across as disturbing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.