1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You're safe here. Journalists would never ban someone for saying things they didn't like.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nope; what I said on that board didn't even register a 6.0 on the nasty scale against the Pretty Princess and wouldn't be in the top (bottom) 500 bad things i said about her.

It's quite obvious somebody somewhere has decided that people have just got to stop saying mean things about the little dearie. So Be Careful.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We have one of those here, too.

JC likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

IIRC, Titanic could have stayed afloat with four compartments breached. :)

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but for me most of his stuff falls into the "ranting and raving in a padded room" end of the range. Generally I skim to skip, once in a while I get drawn in enough to really read. I usually take it as way, way off Broadway message board theater and I don't engage.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Who was the leader of the Republican Party 18 months ago?

melock likes this.
  7. outofplace

Don't hurt yourself trying so hard to spin this.

The point is that even Republican allies are coming out against the decision.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Same guy it's always been.

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

That part in bold? Utter bullshit.

The idea that YF is a sexist because of his attitude toward Hillary Clinton? Also bullshit. To be fair, supporting Trump does make me wonder how serious anybody is about being pro-woman, but I think YF was just blinded by party loyalty and his hatred of the Clintons.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not George W. Bush or Mitt Romney.

The two people vying for the Dem title are a former President who can't run, and a former nominee who can't win.

That's not a good position for the party to be in.

Their eventual nominee will be eclipsed in stature by both Obama and Clinton. And, if they continue to operate their own political operations -- which it looks like they will -- they will be competing with the party and the nominee for donors and money.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Which is weird because Hillary isn't a "progressive" at all, and in a lot of ways is further right than Trump is.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Seems like a fair take from the Qatari owned news outlet:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.