1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My great-grandfather used to say the same sort of things in the early 1970s. They didn't have AC, but eventually sprung for a window unit swamp cooler. I could sit five feet away from it and not feel a thing. He'd be in the next room talking about how nice and cool it felt.

But there's a reason why the south didn't experience a population boom until air conditioning became commonplace.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Kathy Griffin meltdown should serve as a cautionary tale to the electrodes/lithium crowd here.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems Conway wasn't just firing from the hip this morning.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As deep as he into the Breitbart/Fox News wormhole, "both" would not surprise me at all.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My mother told me Barry Goldwater was nuts.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, LOL.

I was a super smart 6 year old, ya know?

I was so smart that I knew:

1) the President, who kind of vaguely looked like my daddy, had had his head blown off 10 months ago;

2) some people said the Russians, or somebody working for the Russians, did it;

3) the Russians had bombs that could blow us all up;

4) a grouchy old white haired man on teevee, who wanted to be president, was talking about us using our own big bombs in some jungle country the other side of the world, and if we did the Russians would probably get mad and fire their big bombs at us.

So using my advanced 6 year old logic, I concluded the grouchy old white haired man was crazy.

And guess what? I was right. 6-year-old Starboy actually was kinda smart.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out why, if you had the whole world figured out at 6-years-old, you haven't been more successful.

You went from pumping gas at the piggly-wiggly, to a newspaper job -- thanks to mommy and daddy -- and never moved up again.

How did you not see the demise of newspapers long before everyone else, and get out?

Oh, and how did you feel about Russia in 2012? Were you in agreement with Romney, or Obama?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's not only debatable, you're wrong. You have nothing to back up that statement.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's possible, but also needs research, of course. I know when he was at Hawaii, Dick Tomey would hold practice in the morning to beat the heat there, as well as in Arizona. He continued it at San Jose State as well, even with a more moderate climate there.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What backs up your statement? How is he wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.