1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When I was in the sixth grade in Atlanta a neighbor of ours moved to Birmingham, Al. I remember that when we drove over to visit them, about halfway between Atlanta and B'ham, the sky started to turn brown with pollution from the steel mills. This was in 1968 or so.

It really has not been that long since Nixon started the EPA and we started trying to make our air safe to breathe.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Explain to me how, if they are active in the ways I describe, any Dem -- aside maybe for Warren, Sanders, or Biden -- gains any traction?

Who's going to cover them, or go to them for reaction, when Obama and Clinton are still out there?

3. Neutral Corner

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Now do every other city back then.

5. YankeeFan

Nobody's in charge?

6. YankeeFan

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for her?

It’s a question a lot of comedians are asking themselves lately: What should comedy look like during the Trump presidency? “Now more than ever we must absolutely go for all the absurdities,” Kathy Griffin told Vulture at the Equality Now Gala Tuesday night. “For me, that’s Trump and all things Trump. It’s not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beat down. It’s his turn. So I’m happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.”

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/kathy-griffin-comedy-should-go-hard-on-trump.html

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

WHAT ABOUT KATHY GRIFFIN???!!!

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

I've lived all over the South, and yes, it is damn hot. We were in Houston for eleven years, and there is damn good reason that it is supposed to be the most air conditioned city in the world. I can't imagine living there with no AC, nothing but an electric fan and maybe an attic fan to move the hellishly hot and humid air. People would sit on the porch in the shade and pray that the wind would blow. Fucking brutal. No way.

9. YankeeFan

We've talked too much about her already?

Even though she had a press conference today, where she played the victim?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

First of all, it's arrogant and stupid to present an opinion as "not debatable."

Second, it's a looooong way until the election. We have no idea who the dem candidate will be.

The Obamas would provide enormous enthusiasm and support to a good candidate. Clinton would have to be targeted in the right places, but if so, she would be a huge motivator among segments of voters who feel they/she got screwed and want to make sure it never happens again. That Trump never happens again.

You can debate this. Sure. But don't offer your fucking opinion as "not debateable."

11. YankeeFan

I love that I got you to say this today.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm fine if they want to scrap all the Confederate moneuments in favor of statues to John Gorrie. I've never felt the love of a merciful God more than the day my parents finally sprang for central heat/air in our first house.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.