1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Terror attacks get attention far beyond their share of untimely deaths. In practical terms, it's barely a political issue, mostly a law enforcement one.

The only reason the president and others obsess over this is that they are both easily driven to fear of brown people and benefit from scaring others in the same way.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It would take Fucko longer than that to push the Pretty Princess off his lap and pull up his pants.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think one of the reasons Londoners don't subscribe to the "scary brown Mooslim" theory is that for years they were blown up by white Catholics.

dixiehack and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pretty ballsy of him to so blatantly breach official administration policy.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I remember that. It was about 4-5 years ago, so a bit off the radar.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have a brown friend who called me a "retard"
    yesterday when I pointed out that the world is a less violent place than it has ever been. We frequently battle over this. I believe his post said, "Debunked again," and then he posted a link to the definition of "obstinate."

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How was Trump inaccurate?

And is alarm unwarranted? Alarm is not panic.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is he making a case for gun control?

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just because they killed the 3 attackers does not mean the threat is over.

Ever hear of the term "terrorist cell" JK Rowling? There are others who knew these three who will need to be queried.

That's exactly what happened only a week ago after Manchester. UK maxed out their security threat level and only lowered it a notch after they rounded up something like 11 people.

So, if everyone wants to feel comfortable again after 8 minutes, they should get pet ostriches.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

While there is a preventative nature to law enforcement -- and these measures are usually controversial -- it's usually dealing with the aftermath of crime.

To simply deal with terrorism as a law enforcement issue is to say that we will arrest and inprison the perpetrators.

For most of us, this is not enough. We want to eradicate those who commit acts of terror. We want to identify them before they act. We want to keep as many out of our country as possible. We want to deal with those who inspire and fund terror -- even if we're talking about Imam, preaching in his Mosque.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.