1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this will be coming soon to theaters near all of us.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Indeed. The North American theater of operations, most likely.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Because something something libtards

4. RickStain

I can't remotely begin to crunch the numbers on that. 9/11 itself or all the people who died in the wars that came because of it? Trump as an alternative to Clinton, or Trump as an alternative to some generic Republican beating Clinton in the same way? Is 3001 people dying from lack of health care worse than 3000 people dying in a terrorist attack? What about 2999 people dying due to Cash for Clunkers? Does he get credit for all the abortions he prevents if Roe v. Wade is overturned before it's actually overturned?

I can't begin to think of a reasonable way to address the question, let alone a productive reason to do so.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wow, you've outlined about a half dozen third rails I wouldn't want to touch.

Agreed, tough to gauge.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, please. That's so weak.

"At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"

"Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed."

Is there any way that he could have taken that quote out of context and twisted its meaning more, YF?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Given that it took two years and a 20-step process for a refugee to get into the country, wasn't there already some sort of "extreme vetting" in place?
    Contrary to what Fox News tells people, it wasn't as if we were just letting everyone in no questions asked.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Your question is juvenile and equally stupid.

What would you rather eat: a pile of dog shit that's been sitting out in the mud in the Mississippi summer or this steel rod from a high rise building? My not wanting to eat the steel rod does not mean I would prefer to eat that pile of shit. One is impossible to eat and the other makes me vomit just thinking about it. My thinking Trump is a terrible president who doesn't have the temperament or IQ to lead this country has zero to do with Sept. 11 or just how terrible that day was.

melock likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Considering that it has been over 120 days and the "extreme vetting" plan has not even begun to be laid out, how big a priority was it really?

It took a week for Trump to put out the Moslem Ban.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Over/under two weeks there will be a new Secretary of Defense? How can we have someone wait until facts are presented to have an opinion?

11. RickStain

That's the thing. The reason terrorism isn't really a political issue is because we're already doing a lot to try to prevent terrorism. Any argument that we should be doing something different isn't coming from any sort of counterterrorism expertise, it's just 'boogah boogah brown people are scary and will kill your family, and those libtards won't let us do anything about it!" Winners win, and if they were winners they wouldn't have let the terrorists pull off any attacks, so obviously they are losers.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's how we got attacked on 9/11 when Blowjob Clinton was president, and how the Beirut barracks got bombed under Jimmy Carter.

And when Fucko's Reichstag bomb goes off in New York, or Detroit, or Honolulu, or Chicago (heh heh), Fucko's first tweetstorm from AF1 onto the still-operative Euronet will tell us it was all the mooslim neegro's fault.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.