1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We weren't exactly doing nothing about illegal immigration either.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So we should just reinstate 9066 and put all the Muslims under guard?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We can ask them questions, but when they come from a failed nation like Syria, we can't verify their answer by checking with the country they are coming from.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. There's no middle ground. What's important is that we appear tolerant. That kind of political correctness is well worth normalizing repeated mass killings.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Dishonest!

Admit!

6. YankeeFan

Thankfully, the president who signed that executive order is now scorned by all, and his memory serves as a reminder to never treat our fellow citizens this way.

Oh, wait. No he's not. He's still held up as a hero by today's Dems.

7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Location, location, location.

We have the luxury of having oceans between us and the Islamic brand of radical terrorism. But we also have more paranoid, right-wing lunatic radical terrorism than they do.

I'm open to the idea that maybe more can be done to combat jihadists, and after the Paris attacks a year and a half back, I've even reconsidered my views on gun-control somewhat. I'm just tired of being shouted down for politicizing tragedy when a nut-job lights up a classroom, but many of these same folks are quick to tell me I'm an America-hating libtard for not wanting to let Donald Trump discriminate against millions of people whenever an Islamic* terrorist commits evil.

*And it should go with out saying, "Islamic" in the same way that the Klan is "Christian."

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In other words, there are ways around it?
    With a two-year, 20-step process, I don't see any.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, I also offered up the possibility of him just being that stupid.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

melock likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It shouldn't go without saying because it's an ignorant and dangerous comparison.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

FDR's executive order applied to American citizens, who should have been protected by the Constitution.

Potential immigrants to the U.S. have no such protections. Their rights are not abused if we don't allow them to come to America -- no matter what the lower courts may have ruled so far.

If @Spartan Squad wanted to draw a true analogy, he'd tell us if we should have allowed potential Nazi sympathizers to immigrate to America during WWII.

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.