1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Donald Trump's America: How dare you compare the KKK to those brown-skinned demons?!

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If it hasn't, I'm sure politicians will be the ones to advance the field

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Smallminded, read the quotes I posted. Our top intelligence officials expressed concern with the process.

Maybe it takes two years. So what? That doesn't mean a jihadist can't get through the system.

cjericho likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Obviously, any mass killing is tragic, but comparing something like Newtown to CONSISTENTLY REPEATED terror attacks throughout the world is the height of purposeful ignorance for the sake of political correctness. Something like Newtown is any parent's worse nightmare, but a close second is knowing your children are growing up in a country where millions of people are completely indifferent to the greatest security threat in the modern world.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You are him.

6. service_gamer

But such gun violence is consistently repeated here. It's not political correctness. I'm not afraid to say radical Islamic terrorism. But it doesn't make me politically correct to make a distinction between someone who is willing to strap a bomb to their chest for their cause and a decent person just trying to get through life that happens to be Muslim. I'm Catholic. If I decide to blow something up in the name of the pope, that doesn't make Catholicism radical. So the question is what makes people radical? Is it inherent in their faith or are there other factors? If it's inherent in their faith than considering there are more Muslims than anyone else on this planet how come we're not all goners?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Climate change?

Agreed.

dprince57 and Hermes like this.
  8. service_gamer

Come on, it's simplified for effect but it's more or less what you said. And I didn't vote for him, nor did I cast a protest vote that indirectly supported him. I also don't defend his actions, passively or otherwise.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Opinion | With his London tweets, Trump embarrasses himself — and America — once again

One is prompted to ask if he is off his rocker. But this is vintage Trump — impulsive and cruel, without an ounce of class or human decency. His behavior no longer surprises us, but it should offend and disturb us, first, that he remains the face and voice of America in the world and, second, that his fans hoot and holler, seeing this as inconsequential or acceptable conduct. ...

Sure, Trump’s policies and rhetoric are incoherent and based on a tower of lies. Far worse, however, is his appalling character, which accelerates the erosion of democratic norms and social cohesion a diverse democracy requires. In instances like this, those who would lecture us on President Obama’s under-appreciation of America’s unique place in human history or proclaim that they simply had to vote for Trump because Hillary Clinton was some sort of monster are exposed as fools or hypocrites or both.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why would they wait two years when they could get a tourist visa?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They're working on it. Have you watched the news lately?

12. service_gamer

I just don't see how anyone can pretend they care about national security and not lose their shit about this moron's impulsive tweets. It's like if you believe that hornets are conditioned to sting us and the guy we put in charge of protecting us from hornets is poking the nest with a stick as he pledges to keep us safe.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.