1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Holy fuck! This kind of knee-jerk stupidity is worse than anything Trump has ever tweeted.

I will take this opportunity to say that I appreciate service_gamer's willingness to have an actual debate about this. I know it's easy to get sidetracked (and I'm aware of my contributions to occasional thread devolvement) but I am thankful there are a handful of people around here who are smart enough to attempt normal discourse (relative to the Internet).

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Probably trump saying on 9/11 that he now owned the tallest building in lower manhattan.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Ok.

How do we stop an ideology?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We waited until after the war, and took the best of the best to build rockets.

Better Nazis: Why America was first to the moon.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

True. von Braun and other Germans were instrumental in the space program.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought terrorist attacks were supposed to end when the president was saying that phrase? They're not?

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Beirut Barracks was bombed under Reagan. Cap Weinberger had advised pulling the Marines out but was overruled. IIRC that was Islamic Jihad's first appearance on the international stage.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nothing we can do can prevent terrorist attacks here. There are too many people already here, too many ways to get in legally, too many ways to slip in illegally. We need to beef up the system and make it as capable as we can, but that's the reality.

The thing is that if we start upping the ante by clamping down on all Islamic people we will radicalize far more people who are here completely legally. They will have the same access to guns you and I do. I'm no kind of terrorist but with zero training I can easily think of half a dozen soft targets for bullets or bombs.

We're going to do the best we can to stop it, but there is nothing that can be done to prevent a horrible terrorist attack if the attacker does not care if he dies.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Travel bans and walls, obviously. Because those keep radicals from finding people susceptible to their message. Oh, probably need to pull the pull on the Internet.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Does a death really count if it isn't at the hands of a brown person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.