1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The nuclear-related sanctions were not keeping Iran from sponsoring terrorism. It's behavior has not changed.

Do you have something to share with us about an increase in Iran's terror-sponsorship budget since the deal? Or, were you just making a stupid comment last night about two things that are totally unrelated?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He was too busy running for class president on his "no homework" platform.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

How does he know? There is no "there" there. And to the extent Trump was talking around something vague with lots of superlatives, it sounded like it will end up being a zebra instead of a horse.

To the extent that they are representing it as "privatization" (and that isn't what he was describing), the funny thing about it is that something like air traffic control may be the ultimate public good -- it may be one of the few things that a government entity should be legitimately providing, because without them you are likely to run into a free rider problem, in which we end up with NO air traffic control. Yet, this is the "priority" of the day.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Cause and effect.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

His wife is making the rounds today whining about how the big, bad media is spending more time on his tweets instead of his presidential actions (or rather, the lack of them).

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My favorite sporcle quiz

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

How the hell are air traffic controllers expected to turn a profit? Hold bake sales on the tarmac? Somebody spiked Bannon's pizza with psilocybin.

Modernizing the system is obviously a must, but the government must continue to fund and oversee it.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hope we hurry up and get 'em all of that $50 billion to which they're entitled. I understand Five Guys there is raising its prices.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1) Yeah! Who the hell keeps sending out those tweets? Must be the libburral media.

(And just imagine the whining piss fest from Fucko if the media starts ignoring his tweets.)

2) Can't they get that shriveled old khunt off my teevee screen and send her off to a competent plastic surgeon? I thought Making America Great Again meant putting only Penthouse-quality pieces of ass in front of the cameras, yet they persist in rolling out this hag.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's worried about job security and benefits on the personal level. But, basically, I think it's really about fear of change and the unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.