1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That would immediately be followed with stories of hundreds of people reporting their registration was gone when they showed up to vote in those counties

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure he's anti-American and pro-Hamas, but he's also anti-Trump!

Elections take place in the real world; they often involve unpleasant choices. I dislike Corbyn’s anti-Americanism, his long flirtation with Hamas, his coterie’s clueless leftover Marxism and anti-Zionism, his NATO bashing, his unworkable tax-and-spend promises. He’s of that awful Cold War left that actually believed Soviet Moscow was probably not as bad as Washington.

Still, Corbyn would not do May’s shameful Trump-love thing. He would not succumb to the jingoistic anti-immigration talk of the Tories. After the terrorist attacks, he said “difficult conversations” were needed with Saudi Arabia: Hallelujah! He would tackle rising inequality. He would seek a soft departure from the European Union keeping Britain as close to Europe as possible. His victory — still improbable — would constitute punishment of the Tories for the disaster of Brexit. Seldom would a political comeuppance be so merited.

That’s enough for me, just.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who could have predicted being a toxic sociopath might have consequences?

Four top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Read that Cohen nonsense earlier. The fact a lot of people think like that is almost as scary as these repeated terror attacks. Again, They are Him. Of course, I'm probably giving the Left too much credit to think they would have responded rationally. There's no precedent for that.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you think of the Orlando mass shooting? I keep checking the thread to see what your thoughts are. Often when these mass murders occur, you are positioned as a thought leader on the accompanying thread. Not so this time, for some reason.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Left loves it some anti-Semites.

8. Dick Whitman

My (soon-to-be-ex) "top" firm represented Dennis fucking Hastert in a case involving allegations of damn near serial child molestation.

But the POTUS can't find a lawyer.

LOL.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Too busy leading thought on the countless terror attacks? Gotta give YF credit for keeping up.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I too find random people on the street to have behavior of equal importance to the President of the United States.

No wait, I don't, because that would be truly stupid.

Hermes and dixiehack like this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not sure that's as much of an indictment of Trump as it is lawyers.

12. Dick Whitman

Maybe @YankeeFan fan just doesn't generally get too worked up about stories that break in Orlando. It would be interesting to go back in time and see if he had fulfilled his role in these situations on prior Orlando stories.

Mass casualty shooting in Orlando nightclub

He has! So it can't be Orlando that is the X-factor here.

Hmmmmmmm ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.