1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I snarkily made that point.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Let's not forget: You wanted "stupid and impetuous" to be President, because emails. .... and abortion.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Paul Drake would find a way to sneak into the West Wing and take Trump's phone.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That guy, as I recall, certainly believes these incidents are newsworthy, in a vacuum. He thought the media should stop covering them, or underplay them severely, as a sort of civic duty to tamp down copycat attacks.

You seem to frequently find interest where there is a pattern to mass murder - for example, when a series of incidents are driven by an ideology. A religious ideology, for example. It is a perceptive observation, and I find myself wondering now: Is there anything about the United States, in particular, that seems to lend itself to these kind of rampages? An ideology? An instrument? What seems to be the common thread?

We could use you over on that thread.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The other guys! The other guys! Beware anybody who isn't just like me!

Hmmmm. Yet another person I know little or nothing about, yet QY claims I love the person. Perhaps his idiotic, lazy, repetitive lumping of all people to his political left in one group doesn't hold up?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You told me we can't do anything about first person shooter video games because they're protected by the First Amendment.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who are you pulling for in the U.K. election?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to at times, I can't overrule the Supreme Court of the United States.

Is there another Amendment that has not been fully fleshed out yet that could be contributing?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oooops! Just got banned by Slate (?!?) for referring to members of the "first family" in "obscene, objectionable and abusive terms."

In other words, I Wasn't Careful.

Word is coming down.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BTW, anything Trump tweets about Comey is admissible evidence in any criminal proceeding, impeachment included.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Perhaps when multiple sites tell you that you are obscene, objectionable and abusive, the answer is that you actually are obscene, objectionable and abusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.