1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Reading the article, it seems as if Comey is going to say, "this is why I wrote that memo about the conversations," call Trump a liar about his account of the conversations, and not much more. But that's plenty. He's a private citizen now. He can't give his opinion on whether or not it's a crime. No witness can do that.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how many 39- week abortions are performed in the United States each year? Surely there must be a number somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Will be quite the blow to you and your buddies if the U.K. comes out of it just fine ...

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There will be some short-term pain in some sectors (agriculture, maybe a little of finance as jobs move to Paris or Frankfurt), but in the long run, Britain and Europe's economic ties are so deep they create a logic for figuring out a way to keep business as usual.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

180 alert! Spicey says Trump's tweets are official statements.

Better tighten that batting helmet, folks.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And Spicy is unable or unwilling to say whether or not Trump has confidence in his AG.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He has this fantasy in his head that the EU is going to punish the UK.

I'll admit there is no accounting for what idiocy might come out of the EU when the Jean Claude Junckers and Martin Schultzs running the show puff out their chests and do their little dictator acts. But Germany runs a 50 billion Euro trade surplus with the UK. The Netherlands (UK's third largest trade partner), France, Belgium, Italy and Spain all have trade surpluses with the UK. Those are the big economies in the EU, and all of them lose A LOT (just as UK consumers will) in a silly trade war.

Who knows what happens if the idiocy of small-minded protectionism wins out. But I suspect that French winemakers and farmers will revolt if they start seeing British duties on all of the camembert and Bordeaux they export to the UK, and the French government, which has heavily invested in Britain's rail system, doesn't really want to mess with what has been a very profitable arrangement. Now consider that France is the country that gets made fun of for its protectionism, and it knows it loses out if they start a trade war. ... and I'd bet that there is a deal there to be struck.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives loved the NYPD.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's awful even by Ann Coulter's low standards. Love to see her say that directly to a member of the NYPD. They do an outstanding job. What the hell is she even talking about? Must not be getting enough attention lately. She can fuck right off.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Link?

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.