1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still have nightmares over Shawn Green's monster game, which singlehandedly destroyed a fantasy baseball week for my team.

(Yeah, I know, nobody gives a fuck about my fantasy team, but it was so long ago).

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Still trying to figure out how what Jerry Remy said is racist. Xenophobic, perhaps, and certainly awkward, but not racist. He stated only that translators shouldn't be allowed. I'm guessing that goes for everyone. If there was a German pitcher on the mound who didn't speak much English, the same statement would apply. The player in this case happened to be Asian and people jumped to conclusions.

Ultimately, though, Remy is a homer. He's a color analyst and former player for the Red Sox. It's the same reason Tommy Heinson believes only the Celtics are called for fouls.

When Koji Uehara needed a translator a little while back, Remy said nothing of the sort. But it's the Yankees and he made an awkward comment. To label this as racist is plain silly.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jeez Louise, what a crappy lede on that story:

In "All You Need Is Love," the Beatles sang, "There's nothing you can do that can't be done."

Tyrone Horne might beg to differ.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Samardzija is on a seven-game streak with 59 strikeouts and one walk. First time ever a pitcher has gone 50> and 1< in seven starts.

Of course, the Giants being the Giants, he is 2-3, 2.97 in that stretch (though they are 4-3 at least).

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And that's why you never draft Samardzija if you're in a league that counts wins.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You can predict how his team is going to hit?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

175 starts, 61 wins. He never fucking wins more than 8 or 9 ... career high is 12.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's the Giants, who make the "hitless wonders" White Sox look like the 1927 Yankees.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

bumpy mcgee and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago Fangraphs had a story about how dominant he'd been early in the season but unlucky. Soon after, the Chicago Tribune ran a column about how crazy the Cubs were to pursue him. "He has a 5.00 ERA! One win!"

Guess who I put more stock into.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Winners win

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted