1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he didn't ask for Pete Rose to be elected to Cooperstown.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the tweeting, but third person is never not funny.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're not going to do that. The story is circulating out there already. If they say it in a public hearing they give Trump reason to get mad, an excuse to fire them. They'll say it in the classified hearings, they'll say it for Mueller when the time comes.

4. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Yep. You see it all the time with evangelicals. Most will vote for any GOP candidate who backs their social agenda, no matter how much that candidate may have lied, cheated, swindled, used and abused. And yes, it's just as true on the other side of the aisle.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

How in the WORLD has Trump not talked about that yet? That issue seems like it'd be catnip to his sensibilities. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to work Rose's induction into an executive order.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, that too for sure, especially considering Comey's account of a long uncomfortable silence after Fucko's repeated demands for the Sith pledge of personal fealty -- as in Comey, used to dealing with actual adults who know how the world works, looking at him and thinking, "come on, you're shitting me."

I mean, Nixon, devious criminal that he was, was smart enough to add the disclaimer, "but I know that would be wrong" after suggesting illegal stuff for people to do.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    doctorquant likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Perhaps he's been frustrated by his failure to resurrect JoePa.

Hermes likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh no.

He's now tweeting like he's the lead singer of a 1970s rock band taking the stage.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Trump and his associates keep telling the public the Russia stuff is FAKE NEWS, but then he gets one-on-one with Comey and says "yeah, it'd be good to know if any of my people did something illegal."

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It cuts both ways, meaning it's not just how awful a given candidate is ... it means you won't consider someone not of your tribe no matter how good/qualified/intriguing he or she is.

JakeandElwood, dixiehack and Bronco77 like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Perfect timing. He's calling on Pete for the Hall.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

RIP Kasich's chances

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.